JOB POSTING: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Account Manager to join our team in White Rock, BC The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing a block of accounts, while providing direction and support to staff at the Account Manager and Associate, Account Manager levels.
- Meeting each partner and/or client in person; meeting with specific clients quarterly
- Manage specific direct accounts
- Mentor co-workers
- Manage standalone renewals for large cases independently with some assistance
- Build and support teamwork within the Consulting Services team
- Gain an understanding of each department at GHG
- Display an initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve on existing skills
- Managing partners’ expectations and assisting them in managing their block of business with GroupHEALTH
- Training, mentoring and assisting Account Managers and Associate Account Managers with financial statements, claims experience, amendments, booklet updates, claim issues and contractual situations
- Performing complex plan design changes for existing clients by collecting necessary information, notify applicable departments/carriers and coordinate any final stages
- Collaborating with the Underwriting department to obtain quotes, alternates and market surveys
- Supervising, negotiating and collaborating on renewals for major accounts by compiling and preparing renewal reports
- Assisting Account Managers and Associate, Account Managers with complex booklet updates
- Answering complex coverage inquiries and resolving complex claim issues
- Requesting reprints for booklet updates and answering coverage inquiries by resolving claim issues
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements and claims experience on an annual/semi/quarterly basis
- Managing and assisting in Life, Disability and other pooled benefit claims
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, making changes when necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- An ability to recommend a course of action and achieve buy in from the Client
- An ability to manage stand-alone renewals independently with limited assistance
- Leadership skills and a drive to take initiative
Education & Experience
- Completion of Post Secondary education is a requirement of the role
- Completion of GBA or CEBS designation is a requirement of the role
- 5 to 10 years experience is a requirement of the role
- Specific experience providing consulting advice is preferred
- Related industry experience will be considered
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.