JOB POSTING: NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (INSIDE SALES) SPECIALIST
We are currently recruiting for the role of New Business Development Specialist to join our team in Barrie, ON. The New Business Development Specialist is responsible for contacting external sales and business development leads via telephone marketing programs in order to secure face-to-face appointments for GroupHEALTH partners and product specialists to promote and introduce our product lines with the intent of securing a sale.
- Meeting or exceeding the assigned quota of new business development appointments
- Establishing and developing new business relationships through telephone or other marketing programs
- Building rapport with unsuccessful leads to eventually turn into possible clients
- Maintaining an internal client databases and sending out information to prospects
- Continually learning updated information regarding benefit trends and new products
- Providing daily discussions with team members to maintain and exceed monthly sale targets
- Sales experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Sales or Marketing
- 1-2 years experience in a call centre or sales role
- Telephone marketing experience an asset
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Time Management Skills. Able to organize and manage time effectively
- Accuracy. High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sales and Customer Service Skills. Able to provide exceptional service. Able to recognize and act upon opportunities to “close” the appointment.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.