JOB POSTING: IT TECHNICIAN, FIRST LEVEL SUPPORT
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We are currently recruiting for the role of IT Technician to join our team in White Rock, BC. The IT Technician is responsible for maintaining the operation of the desktops, printers, basic network, basic server, and general support for White Rock, Barrie and Port Coquitlam offices. They will be the person to diagnose and triage issues that are reported to the Help Desk, and if needed, will escalate issues to the Network Administrators.
First 3 months:
- Learn and update KACE for imaging workstations
- Keep an updated computer and parts inventory in KACE
- Upgrade all Workstations to Windows 7 via KACE
First 6 months:
- Work with Network Administrator on streamlining workstation installations
- Organize and take inventory of licensing
- Working with Network Administrator to organize and maintain server rooms in all locations
- Computer Workstation uptime of agreed upon SLA for service
- Providing telephone/technical support to administration, programming, infrastructure
- Maintaining and installing workstations in all locations.
- Maintaining and installing printers in all locations.
- Working with Network Administrators to plan, maintain and mange systems and network in all locations.
- Manage the incoming tickets in the Help Desk Queue, first level of support.
- Escalation of support issues as needed.
- Manage building security system.
- Help with planning Infrastructure related projects.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required when necessary
- Ordering cell phones and electronic devices and providing technical support
- Registering and administrating domains and renewals.
- Some travel between locations, White Rock, Port Coquitlam and Barrie offices may be required.
- Preventive maintenance; Investigation of running systems to ensure efficiency and discovery of any issues that might be occurring but has not created errors message.
- Encouraged to take on more responsibilities as needed.
- Encouraged to learn new skills through training and working with Network Administrators.
1) Microsoft Certification & A++ Certification or equivalent experience
2) 3-5 years related experience
3) Willing to do what it takes and comfortable learning on the fly
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in a related field
- 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in a Support Technician role
- Extensive experience in computers.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and /or equivalent experience
- A++ Certification
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email. Has confidence in communicating and presenting to groups.
- Team work. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.