JOB POSTING: GROUP BENEFIT ANALYST
We are currently recruiting for the role of Group Benefit Analyst to join our team in White Rock, BC. The Group Benefit Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Senior Vice President, Client Services as well as different members of the Consulting Services Team. Their primary role will be to prepare and organize necessary data and be able (in time) to draw conclusions from it to help with data analysis.
- Comfortable with downloading, creating and understanding reports from WEBS and other sources
- Gain basic knowledge of Group Insurance; complete the CEBS Primer course in the first year of employment
- Able to execute given tasks independently
- Preparing and verifying data
- Downloading reports
- Exchanging data with our Insurers
- Assisting all levels of organization in executing current projects
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- Analytical skills, critical and creative thinking; mathematical reasoning
- Strong computer and technical skills, proficient with MS Office; advanced/power user of MS Excel
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
Education & Experience
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Group Benefits experience is preferred
- University degree or College Diploma is preferred
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes go the extra mile to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of excellent.
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.