JOB POSTING: BUSINESS ANALYST
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Business Analyst to join our team in White Rock, BC. This role will extend from mid-January 2013 to September 2013. The Business Analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths.
- Work with multiple departments on multiple projects and tactical items over the term of the contract.
- Document and help create test plans for developers over the next 6 months.
- Analyze and document current and needed processes for:
- Data Model over the next 3 months
- CRM over the next 3 to 6 months
- Renewals over the next 6 months
- Quotes over the next 6 months
- Heron Wizard over the next 6 months
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents using standard templates and processes
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Identify and develop business and systems requirements for projects using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and develop functional requirements
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Support multiple concurrent projects
- Support the project manager in developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Develop best practices and tools for business analysis and project management
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation ability
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or comparable areas
- 3 or more years direct work experience in a business analyst capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certification in Business Analysis
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS project
- Strong technical background
- Familiarity with processes such as UML, use cases, test plans.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as word, excel, MS project
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of business analysis
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in business analysis, planning and change management
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellence. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best!
- Creativity/Innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.