JOB POSTING: BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
We are currently recruiting for a Benefits Administrator to join our team in White Rock, BC.
The Benefits Administrator delivers exceptional benefits administration services along with on-time and accurate billing statements to our clients and partners. This role is responsible for managing a distinct block of clients from a variety of industries, with a variety of plan designs and insurer providers.
• Signoff on no change billings and autoload by end of 3 months
• Completion of CEBS primer within 6 months
• Full signoff on billings and managing a full block of assigned clients by 1 year mark
• Steady progress month over month in additional signoff being granted
• Prompt, accurate and professional client service delivery
• Builds and supports teamwork
• Initiative and willingness to learn new skills and improve existing skills
• Strong attention to details delivers a quality bill and an audit trail
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering the “WOW!” factor daily (while enjoying weekly yoga stretches, lunchtime walks, 26 long weekends a year, and lots of cake!), your Key Responsibilities include:
• Analyzing and managing enrolment changes on a daily basis including printing and mailing oneCards
• Responding to and collaborate with partner, carrier and client by email, letter or phone
• Processing monthly billing statements accurately and in a timely manner
• Filing documents for monthly billing statements
• Educating clients on carrier rules and regulations
• Processing MSP applications and changes
• Investigate claims and export errors as they relate to enrolment data
• Performing other duties as assigned by Management
• Positive attitude
• Attention to detail in all facets of the role
• Delivery of the “wow” factor
Education & Experience
• At least two (2) years experience in a Benefits Administration role a MUST!
• Completion of post secondary certificate, diploma or degree
• Group Benefits Associate (GBA) Designation an asset
• Enrollment in CEBS Programs is suggested, completion of the CEBS primer course is mandatory within the first six (6) months of employment
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
• Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
• Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
• Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
• Calm Under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
• Strategic Thinking/Visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
• Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
• Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
• Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
• Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
• Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
• Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including Email.
• Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
• a competitive salary
• an excellent benefits plan
• flex time
• education assistance
• participation in our Fortnight program
• access to our Group RRSP plan
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank those who apply however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.