JOB POSTING: ACCOUNTANT, TRUST PREMIUMS
GroupHEALTH Global Benefit Systems is a rapidly growing full service Group Benefits Consulting Firm operating nationally. At GroupHEALTH, we believe that our culture is reflected in everything we do. We are committed to creating and maintaining a culture that fully leverages our internal company talents by promoting an environment where all people can make a difference, be heard, be supported, be developed, and be rewarded for their contributions.
Our continued success in the marketplace is predicated on our team of individuals who work hard to consistently surpass our Clients and Partners expectations while delivering a value proposition that is virtually unmatched in the Group Benefits marketplace today.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Accountant, Trust Premiums to join our team in White Rock, BC. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant, Trust Premiums will be responsible for the accounting activities relating to the trust account. These duties include posting client payments, monitoring trust collections and issuing payments to carriers.
- Developing a strong understanding of the collection process and carrier rules.
- Learning the customized Microsoft Great Plains (GP) settings and applying these skills to client receivable transactions
- Learning the customized GP setting and applying these skills to the carrier payable transactions (on the 10th and 25th of each month)
- Learning AP process for DMI
- Developing an organized routine to ensure accuracy for all transactions including dates, ledger codes and carrier accounts
- Generating and creating the Late Log
- Creating and Processing the PAD files for Trust Account
- Creating and understanding of the Due to General and commissions being held at source
- Importing all client billings information from our proprietary software into Microsoft Great Plains
- Completing daily deposits for trust ledgers and applying payments to invoice
- Analyzing outstanding balances to determine claim suspensions and advising carriers to suspend claims
- Advising clients, partners and account managers on any short payments, NSFs and applying suspensions.
- Responding in a timely manner to queries regarding client and carrier billings and payments
- Processing and remitting all carrier payments and preparing carrier backup documentation
- Processing all HSA claim payments and refunds for retro terminated clients
- Reconciling MSP balances with Benefits Administration department
- Processing other transactions such as needed
2) Solid accounting knowledge
3) Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains software and comfortable learning new technology
Education & Experience
- Diploma or degree in Accounting or Financial Management
- 1-3 years experience in an accounting related role, with a proven understanding for legal compliance as it relates to trust accounting
- A solid understanding of accounting principles and fundamentals
- Proficient with MS Office and MS Dynamics GP
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Persuasion. Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, flex time, education assistance, participation in our Fortnight program and access to our Group RRSP plan!
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject line.
We thank everyone who applies; however, due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.